Covid-19 and The Broadway Academy
I hope [this update] finds you happy and healthy. We are so excited to announce that camp will be moved to a virtual platform! We are disappointed we will not be able to see you in person, but we are thrilled to move forward with another year of camp filled with one-on-one vocal and acting instruction and group choreography/singing...
...We will be holding a virtual camp orientation via zoom. Through this orientation, you will learn more about the online structure of camp and submitting your audition videos. This zoom session will be recorded and sent out to anyone who has conflicts with this specific date/time. Please let us know if you are not able to attend orientation and we will send you the recorded version in an email.
Broadway Academy Virtual Orientation
Time: 5:00 pm...
...Please make sure you are checking your email regularly as this will be our main form of communication during the weeks leading up to camp. Please respond to this email with any questions or concerns you may have.
The Broadway Academy
What a crazy world, huh? Like many other events, we have been weighing out whether or not to cancel camp this year. It is not a decision we take lightly. That being said, our first priority, of course, is the health and safety of our students and our community.
In Clay County, preventative measures taken by the Nebraska Department of Health are set to conclude two months prior to camp on May 11th (Page 3, Gary Anthone, Chief Medical Officer). The virus itself is projected to go completely dormant before camp on the third week of July (covid19.healthdata.org/projections).
Based on this information, we are excited to move forward with faith that we will be able to have camp this summer. We will, of course, continue to watch our country’s leaders, top health specialists and industry professionals and follow their guidance.
We have opened registration as planned, today, April 1, 2020. We're asking students to still pay the $25 down payment when they register. This year, the down payment will be refundable at any point should you or your student decide not to attend. Registration will remain open until June 1, 2020.
Camp might look a little different this year. We're looking at changing where we house students, how meals are provided, available hand sanitizer, promoting/enforcing better cleaning rituals, and a general avoidance of physical touch between participants during the week. No touchy...
On June 1st we will make a more informed decision on whether or not it is the right choice to continue with camp or not. If we decide to cancel we would, of course, refund all down payments.